God's Successive Revelations

 

God’s Successive Revelations

Search Me diligently, and I will reveal Myself to you.

     Yah, that sound like something God would say.  I understand He revealed the Trinity to us.  I plead ignorance in Church history.  Some theologians, perhaps 400 A.D. came upon this gem that we hold true today.  The idea of the rapture is new on the Church radar.  Late 1800’s?

     What if God revealed His truth to His people in time?  Surely, Solomon was the wisest man in his day, but did he know about Pentecost?  Daniel, the far seer, was only shown glimpses.  What did he know of Peter and miracles in the temple?  A certain king discovered God’s truth again and that made for a reformation, but what did he know of the beast standing in the sea?  God gives insight in His time.

     I have trained seven children.  As young children, I did not flood them with instructions on the gas and the brake pedal.  Did they need to know the business of IRA’s and mutual funds when sucking on the binky?  Truly my mind was available to them, but it had to be relevant to their timely need.  So, there is much of me they do not know.  They know my spirit and how I conduct myself.  They can evaluate me according to His fruits revealed without knowing my inner thoughts.  My spirit does adhere to Godly manners.

     Abraham, Moses, Isaac, Jonah, Noah all knew the same God.  God’s Spirit has not changed.  When He is love, He still is love.  When He is just, His justice is known.  When He cares for His young as a mother upon the nest, He still cares.  God’s enduring presence is with us as David knew in the Psalms.  In Samuel’s time, there was no new revelation of God because He was silent.  Even the time following Malachi, God waited till Jesus' birth to unveil the new. Did God change?  No, He simply withheld.

     In this Church Age following Pentecost, Jesus nurtures His maturing Church by feeding her doctrine in time.  Steak to a newborn, Jesus does not throw wisdom.  What He has started, He will surely finish.  It is up to us to weigh the new revelations with the already expressed Word.  In it we know the mind of Christ.  And He does not contradict Himself.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When George Comes to Visit

The Operands

Brother! You're A Nut!