If Ever I Look Down Upon Thee

 

If Ever I Could Lok Down Upon Thee

Philippians 3:4 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:

     I am a man.  I am a white man.  I am a white man of European decent.  Furthermore, I am an educated man.  I am faithfully married to one wife.  Together we’ve had seven children.  I live in a big house which is almost paid for.  I am an American, born on American soil.  My credentials are many, but for what?

     I could think myself better than.  I could limit myself in ministry.  I could deem some as untouchable and not worthy of my time, because you know, I’m not one of them.  Personal biased could ramp up and stifle the Spirit as I continued in my own safe circles never reaching to the undesirables.

     But then, wouldn’t have I become undesirable?  Undesirable to God.

     God holds a high bar when it comes to exaltation.  He says He will lift up the humble.  How hard is it to don humility when I am in the privileged social class!  Paul said to strip him of all status elements, and he'd be happy eating with the lepers.  His credentials before God did not have root in the flesh, which he alone could do.  He enjoyed a right standing with God because of Jesus’ finished work on the cross.  That was His boast.  Maybe that can be mine today. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When George Comes to Visit

The Operands

Brother! You're A Nut!