Believe in What?

 

Believe in What?

Galatians 3                                                                                                     March 29, 2024

Abraham believed and it was accounted to him righteousness.

To believe is to accept something is true.  When I say that I believe in the evolution of Man in respect to his origin, I accept the idea as true.  When I believe my cat has a psychic link with the goldfish in my aquarium, I accept that idea as true.  When I say I believe in God, whoa, that’s another story.  For when I say God, that’s the whole package.  All of God Who is revealed.

     It’s not like saying, “I believe the representative form of government that the U.S. works is superior.”  I am not making a judgment call here when I believe God.  To believe is to accept all He has ever said about Himself as true.  Entirely.

     In Abraham’s case, he was called out of idolatry.  He put his understanding onto the One true God.  God’s successive revelations to him provoked change.  Leave your family and journey through a hostile land.  Learn to walk the balance of peace with neighbors.  Erect altars every so often and declare your separation to Me from these vile religions of Canaan.  Trust Me in child gifting.  When your son is old, do as I say.  Lead him to the mountain and kill him.

     Abraham’s actions were the natural consequences of his internal holdings.  In the quietness of Abraham’s heart, he held in full conviction that God was who He said He was.  And that provoked change.

     As of today, God has revealed Himself to me.  I am responsible before Him.  What will my reaction be to this?  His creation, His Word, His fellowship, His long running with me all testify of Him.  His greatness calls me to trust Him as Abraham.  “If you have anxiety, bring it to Me,” saith the Lord.  “Don’t give feet to anxiety and engage in panic.  Trust in My Word.”

     His Word He has given me as a great gift.  Imagine if I really took God at His Word!  Understanding God’s promises is the crux, the crucible where real heat, refinement, glory lights off.  It is there where our beliefs conflict with the normal run of this world.  And as Abraham, we choose to erect a different altar.  We choose to identify with this body of beliefs and are not ashamed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When George Comes to Visit

The Operands

Brother! You're A Nut!