When George Comes to Visit

 

When George Comes to Visit

     With the Fender stretched across my lap, and the strings where I want them in an open chord lay, I get a reconfiguring of George Thorogood off my right ear amp.  He visits me in my living room as I wake up in the day.  Coffee, meds, and a bit of legal ‘crank’ that the doc has prescribed to awaken my sluggish head.

     Praise God the women aren’t around.  Nearing 12 noon and she makes the run down near Mo Valley to get the order.  Little one is working her waitress job and I get the house all to myself with dog on the futon who doesn’t complain of my fingered whine.

     George and his Destroyers sounded great in the back of my pea-green Olds.  K-Mart 6X9’s punched a hole in my back dash with a little 40Watt Panasonic EQ to give the boost.  Me and your mom used to cruise for hours around that sleepy town sitting close and just enjoying each other.

     Time well spent.  Not in naughtiness, just two friends, hand-in-hand listening to tunes and sometimes just being quiet.  Maybe that’s why today I played George across my lap till my fingers about went numb.  You probably see by now, some memories are worth recreating.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brother! You're A Nut!

The Church Picture