Thirty-Four Hundred Years Ago

 

Thirty-Four Hundred Years Ago

Deuteronomy 6:7 And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

     To my knowledge, Moses wrote these words and they were preserved for me to follow today.  Granddaughters about the dining room table.  Grandma got out the Playdough toys.  Noah’s ark with animals pressed into molds.  Out came “sheepies and  cowies.”  The rains came down and the flood came up.  Noah’s boat imaginarily floated, suspended in midair.  No more rains and it came down.  Out the sheepies came.   Shem floated the perfect Lamb all the way to a Playdough cross.  Mr. Lamb died on the cross but rose again and danced!

     Why the bother?  Playing with girls in fantasy?  No, I believe the account of Noah and how God worked with him to save Mankind.  It is a believable story made real by His testimony to me today.  I believe Moses as he penned these words.  To me it is not a story but a detailed historical account about a flood which radically resurfaced this planet.  If I do not believe, I tell the lie to them who are so willing to believe my words.  The little ones must make a choice where to put their faith.  Will they pursue an understanding encompassing believable characters in the Old Testament?  I surely desire they do.

Matthew 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

     I purposed to treasure my time in play today.  My heart’s will is that children, even all over the world, would hold to these truths I have accepted by faith.  I’ve seen the good Biblical reality can render.  Solidity of character doesn’t happen overnight.  Moses’ promptings impressed upon Playdough satisfied the Lord’s care today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When George Comes to Visit

The Operands

Brother! You're A Nut!