Am I My Brother's Keeper?

 

Am I My Brother’s Keeper?

Genesis 4:9 And the Lord said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?

Luke 10:29 But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbor?

     “Well their… Toni.  That’ll be all.  No, I don’t want any cash back.”

    I talk a lot to those pin card verifier things.  They are a conversation interrupter.  Now that’s convenient.  I don’t have to tell someone they are important to the race of Mankind.  Just slip, and slip out.  Maybe I could open my own convenience stores!  Throw a couple pumps out there just to suck them in them. Then “Bamm!”, plaster that pumps with cheap choices of pop and a free pizza.  Capitalizing therefore on my neighbor’s incessant taste for high fructose and fat, I'd…did I just say neighbor?  Don’t I know highly refined sugar coupled with fat causes our nation’s obesities?  Maybe I shouldn’t offer Kool-Aid by the 44 ounce.  “Drink responsibly!”  Yah, whatever.  That’s with booze.  We know the immediate effects when we slather it upon the wheel.  Diabetes takes its toll many stops later, and my shop would be the hidden killer.

     Sweet, flavored drinks can alleviate on an anxious mind.  Instant sweetness like HFCS, jacks the feel-good chemical, dopamine in the brain.  I used to self-medicate with Mountain Dew. I’m a forward heavy man of 250 pounds now.  But I considered myself a wise person.  What if a cashier at my local convenience store offered a careful bit of concern one day.  “Hey, do you know drinking and eating like that overtime could hurt you?”  What if he showed me a few healthier alternatives in his store?  Somewhat conflicting with his company’s theme, yet he took the time to care.  Wouldn’t that make him a good neighbor in Jesus’ eyes?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When George Comes to Visit

The Operands

Brother! You're A Nut!