Sunday Morning Cleaning Windows

 

Sunday Morning Cleaning Windows

Romans 6:19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.

     Romans six was the chapter where I met Him this morning.  As custom, I read through the chapter and came back to the scripture that stuck out to me.  I had uncleanness.  Between Him and I and had a bit of turning.  This affected my relationship with my wife.  I confessed it.

     On 6/17/24 at 6:36 AM, I marked the sun’s shadow on my living room wall.  Nearing the summer solstice of 6/21, I am interested of the assent of the sun’s shadow as it approaches that date.  In other words, I am using my living room wall as a sundial.

     For the sun to leave its mark, it must pass through our French doors to the east.  About the 6:30 hour, the door is bright.  At 7:15, it is in shadow.  Hence, it has its brief moment of glory.

     The ten virgins tended their lamps.  Some brought oil, others waned.  When the glory of the bridegroom shown, half was ready.  His appearance was brief.  Those waiting were rewarded.

     This morning when the eastern sun shown, my French door windows were hazed and cloudy.  I could have been embarrassed if I were not the only one in the room.  Grabbing a bottle of cleaner and paper towels, I remedied the problem.  I made them ready for the great event of 6/21.

     Placing my mind on the solstice in the future, He took me by surprise today.  Showing my glass to be cloudy, I cleaned it.

     I have heard it said, “Will you be ready for His return?” I found I was not ready for His glory today.  I must prepare this vessel to carry His name.  He must shine through me with windows not clouded.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When George Comes to Visit

The Operands

Brother! You're A Nut!