The Merge

 

The Merge

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

The  Second Law of Physics: Two objects cannot occupy the same place at the same time.

     The morning commute.  That is the picture.  “Come away from her and be holy.”  None describes it better than the exit ramp.  But how do I get there?

     Wake up in the morning.  Shower, shave and such.  Don clothing and eat breakfast.  I look like every other Joe.  Grab the lunch box and head out to the car waiting in the garage.  Cold start and the motor takes a bit.  Out of the alley and onto the street, I follow the usual route taking me closer to the highway.  From casual residential speed I accelerate to the onramp.  Checking over my shoulder twice, I propel my vehicle to merge into traffic.

     This isn’t blood.  Not in a capillary.  I do not mix.  Faithfully I keep my bumpers to myself and hold my distance.  Two objects cannot occupy the same place at the same time, and they shouldn’t.  I keep my windows up and create my own atmosphere.  Hence, the hippie wagon of a bus open on the sides frequently taking on passengers, is not me.

     Holiness is a calling.  He did not pray to take us out of this world.  We must be in her to effectively execute our job.  On the interstate, I go with the flow.  However, I am the one to abide by the speed limit.  I am the one to courteously stay in my lane and not ride another’s bumper.  Signaling always, I don’t take others by surprise.  We are all in this together, and I seek not to provoke.  I mind my manners.  Cars shoot about me vying for the best position like a NASCAR race.  As if threatening one ahead could make them go faster.

     “Come out from her.”  Taking the offramp, I gladly decelerate to my destination.  Another successful run keeping my vehicle intact.  He meets me in the parking lot.  “Well done.”

     We are the salt of the world.  We are also the control rods.  The world threatens to react out of control, but the Lord sinks down His children slowing them.  Can you imagine if He suddenly took us out of the world?  Defiled consciences could not hold par.  The fear of God would certainly leave here and anarchy would ensue.  What a great service the Church has globally!  She is the only one who knows truth and how it is to be ministered to Man.

     The merge.  We long for a time of retirement.  When the daily run will stop.  When He call us home and this insidious course is done.  Until then, we enter the race with a number on our backs.  With Christ as our sponsor, we wear His labels.  Jiffy Lube not.  Love and kindness we promote while heading with others in the same direction.

     Lord, please help us today to faithfully engage while circumspectly keeping ourselves pure.  This world You so love her, but You don’t call us to collision.  Minding Your law of love, we effectually show the lost the proper way to keep oneself.  How not to veer about like a DUI waiting for a guiderail interaction.  In Your mercy, we pattern others in safety.  Closer to the middle line and out of the ditch, we encourage them caring for their own destination.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When George Comes to Visit

The Operands

Brother! You're A Nut!