Integration And Disintegration

 

Integration and Disintegration

Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Revelation 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

     I did not choose to be born here.  Upon conception, God integrated my body, soul, and spirit.  These three He bound together and created me.  Still, I had no choice.  From birth I have walked this earth held accountable for all my actions done in the flesh.  After death, I will be judged accordingly.  If I refuse to bow before the King, I will be cast into a lake of fire known as Hell.  Seems like a shrewd way to conduct business here.  The eternal God will burn me forever.

     The idea of forever plagued me until I read the verse in Matthew.  In Hell, He is able to destroy the soul.  If He destroys the soul, then there no longer exists me.

     The first death is what we know here.  The body suffers the spirit for awhile then gives up its ability to sustain it.  Hence, when we lie down, our spirt and soul leave.  Spirit joined with soul still constitute a being.  We lie in this state until our resurrected bodies are joined again.  Thus, our consciousness is maintained.

     Yet God speaks of a second death.  If in the first death, spirit and soul are extracted from the body, what will happen in the second death?  The second death is reserved for the damned.  What will fire do to them?

     Integration and disintegration.  Integrated at conception.  Disintegrated in the fire.  In other words, what God has joined together, He will dissolve.  If God separates soul from spirt, we exist no longer.  So the second death is final.  It is a termination of our existence.

     To say Hell is not a place of torment forever puts me on thin ice.  This idea does rectify my understanding of God being just.  To the righteous He offers eternal life with Him.  To them which choose otherwise, He offers a painful extermination of their being.

     I did not choose to be born here, but I can choose my end.  If I resist God’s goodness continually, He terminates my existence.  That makes sense to me.

     The first death separates body from soul and spirit.  The second separates soul from spirit.  In this division, consciousness is lost.

     God gives choices to His creatures.  Mankind is the only one capable of making those worthy of forever. Other creatures do not posses a soul and cease to exist at their death.  They are by instinct slave to their internal programs of survival.  Man is different.

     Praise God!  Now, no longer do I find a compelling force to shove Jesus down throats hoping they ingest the medicine and thwart Hell, a forever torment.  My motive now lies in this:  Take His yoke upon you and learn of Him.  Our relationship with our Father will last forever.  A final integration we will enjoy when our glorified bodies meet up with Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When George Comes to Visit

The Operands

Brother! You're A Nut!